7 Week Residency
June 8 – July 27
May 20 – Application Due
May 28 – Recipients Notified
Who we are:
Tri-tryagain is a maker-crafter-artist space in Ridgewood, Queens. We are a small community of makers, artists and the like. Our lovely second floor 2500 square-foot space is equipped with woodworking and hand tools, workbenches and a useful selection of materials and supplies. We work with electronics, wood, metal, paper, found objects… We are a lamp-creating, print-making, radio-building, picture-painting, toy-making, furniture-modifying, everything-fixing workshop. We value process as well as product. We like reusing and recycling materials.
What we are offering:
We are hosting a free seven-week residency from June 8 – July 27. There will be a final gallery show on July 27.
Each resident gets a space in the workshop, including a bench, shelf space and access to tools. In addition, they get, if they so wish, training in tool use, and mentorship.
Hours are 9 AM to 9 PM, there is currently not 24 hour access.
Tri-tryagain is not a live-work space.
Who we are seeking:
We are looking for makers, crafters, artists and the like. Experience is secondary to enthusiasm. You don’t have to have a specific project in mind, but hopefully you will end up making some Thing and have it in the gallery show. The residency is open to individuals or a collaboration of two (both collaborators must complete the application). Tri-tryagain must be the resident’s primary workspace for the period of the residency. Applicants must be 18 or older.
To apply: Email the following to: email@example.com
– Name, email, phone
– Tell us about yourself and what brought you to apply for the residency
– How did you hear about tri-tryagain?
– What do you want to work on?
– Include links to or photos of your work.
– Two references
– Are you 18 or older?
- This is an open workspace, and requires consideration of the other makers.
- We don’t have a spray booth, dust collection or active ventilation. For this reason, projects that require extended use of power tools are not suitable for this residency.
- A rotating selection of materials and common shop supplies are available for free. Some are subject to a fee.
- At the end of the residency leftover materials and/or supplies must be removed, or upon approval, added to workshop supplies.
- Consult our website for a full list of tools we have and don’t have. Feel free to bring your own tools.
- We are on the second floor, no elevator is available. Unfortunately we are not wheelchair accessible.
- Dogs welcome!
We see a world filled with electronic jewelry, wooden glowing totem poles, toasters that play polkas and hydrogen cars. Solar cells on top of layer cakes.